Sunday, December 4, 2011

FO: Puerperium Cardigan

Since this started off as mostly a knitting blog, and most people read this from ravelry, I will start off my FO roll with some knitting. I have been on a baby kick. I knit (and sew) everything baby. I think it's my hormones secretly telling me something. I am not pregnant, and I don't really have any new babies waiting to be knit for. I guess I'm just stockpiling for when all my friends will start popping. For their sakes, I hope that's not too soon.

First up, I made the Puerperium Cardigan. This thing is just so darned cute! It was a pretty fast knit. I wanted to use up (completely) the two skeins of navy Grace Silk & Wool I had remaining in my stash. I then scavenged my button stash for suitable buttons. I love the mis-matchiness of the buttons keeps the sweater from being too precious. It adds the perfect amount of whimsy along the side of an otherwise boring sweater. I can't wait to see a real, live baby modeling this thing.

And I will leave you with the stats and more pictures of the cuteness that is baby clothing!



Pattern: Puerperium Cardigan by Kelly Brooker (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Louisa Harding Grace Silk & Wool in navy (Color 17, Lot 18). I used 2 skeins minus a few yards, so approximately 220 yards. 
Made for: ??? No idea.
Size: Tiny
Needle: US 6 (4 mm)
Mods: Made a total of 8 buttonholes. This made the sweater a bit longer than called for--and the sleeves were a bit shorter. It's okay, a very stylish baby will just be wearing a 3/4-sleeved cardigan.
Dates: 11.13.11-11.14.11
Notes: I LOVE the mismatched buttons! The sweater isn't all that practical with the bajillion buttons, and tiny size (the baby will probably quickly grow out of it), and hand-wash only instructions. I don't care. It was too darned cute, and I wanted a fast baby sweatah!

1 comment: