Thursday, February 2, 2012

FO: Tea Party Playsuit

Guess what? The "Big Game" is coming to town! I wish I had more time to enjoy all of the festivities, but I will try to go downtown sometime soon (especially considering I live < 2 miles away from Lucas Oil Stadium!) 


My sewing is getting better, though! I wish I had more notes on exactly the amount of everything this project took (fabric yardage, cost, etc.) I love Oliver + S patterns.



I made this for my cousin's son born this past summer. I had matching buttons in my stash, and I made button holes! I made the buttonholes before I decided on buttons. I found some cute ladybug buttons (that may have been a bit girly, but who cares?) Turns out, though, that those buttons were way too big. I had just the right buttons (recognize them from my Thermis, too?) 




I loved the curved join with the front and the back, though it was a complete pain in the arse to do! My flat piping was a bit wonky at times so I think I remade it 3 times. It's still not perfect, but good enough for me!




Fabric: Approx. 1 yard of a linen/rayon blend ($3.05) from JoAnn's + 1/4 yard of Crafty Cuts Solids in Red (2 yards purchased for $5.73
Notions: Interfacing, buttons
Time to complete: Oh, 2 hrs or so?
Made for: Cousin's Son, Utsho
Size: I made a 2 year old/ 24 month size, for ease of growing-into. 
Mods: None.
Cost: Approx $4
Would you make this again? Yes! I'd love to try those curves more.


No comments:

Post a Comment