Friday, February 17, 2012

FO: White Pine


Hello Lucas Oil Stadium! (Do you spot it?) First clear day in a while, so I was able to take some pictures of my White Pine!


This was such a surprisingly fast knit. I loved the yarn. (I forgot how much I like Ultra Alpaca.) I loved the cables. I loved the texture. I loved the repetitiveness of it. I like the loose boyfriend fit, especially considering the very obvious recent weight gain. I love the length, too. It didn't grow in length as much as I thought it would, but I think this is a good length for me anyway.


Hello garbage can!


I was directing the boy where to take pictures. He thought that included my hands... I appreciate that he did this for me, but maybe I need a tripod.


Pattern: White Pine by Amy Christoffers
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca, 5.26 skeins (1130.9 yds) in 6291 Yucca Mix, purchased from Webs
Made for: Me!!!
Size: 38" bust; I was spot on with gauge, and there's quite a bit of ease despite what the pictures seem to show. I prefer unbuttoning it, but some semi-buttoned pictures are on ravelry.
Needles: US size 6 (4.0 mm) and US size 7 (4.5 mm)
Notions: 9 buttons from Mass Ave Knits
Mods: Check the ravelry. Biggest one: knit sleeves flat instead of in the round.
Dates: 02.03.12-02.11.12--Yea you read that right. Basically 1 week. That's how long socks usually take me! Seriously--I had exams, so I was studying, aka knitting, ALL the time.
Cost: $47.25 for 6 full skeins (woohoo Webs 25% off discount for too big purchases) + $7 for pattern + $0.70*9 for buttons (more expensive buttons than I remember...) = $60.55 (Not too shabby! The next sweater will be horribly expensive, don't worry.)
Notes: I had a lot of little gripes about the pattern. Though I loved the end result, there were several places in the pattern that made me stop and do a double take at what Amy was trying to imply. Again, they're documented on my ravelry page (sorry for all the links). Overall, though, I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. This FO makes me want to get my Ultra Alpaca out of stash and finally make a cardi with it. It looks truly great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is great yarn--I've always loved my Ultra Alpaca FOs.

      Delete