Sunday, July 15, 2012

FO: Idlewood

My apologies for being away for a while. The move has drained me a little more than I had expected, and it's taken me a few weeks to feel settled in a bit. Hopefully, life will not keep getting in the way of updating you all on my projects.


This sweater was due a long time ago. It was one of those projects where I bought the pattern and yarn separately and realized later that they would make a perfect match. I started on the cowl back in October 2011. It stayed as a WIP for quite a while until my mojo came back in the spring. My gauge varied wildly over the course of the project so I had to rip out several times and reknit with different needles. This made it totally worth it in the end.

 

I love the rustic feel of the yarn, and the ginormous cowl neck of the sweater. This will be a staple for me when the weather cools down. I can layer it over so many things and feel very comfortable in the loose, flowy top.



Pattern: Idlewood by Cecily Glowik McDonald (ravelled here).
Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed SHELTER in colorway 07 Button Jar, 6.68 skeins = 935.2 yards. This yarn smells really really good. I think I was constantly sniffing the yarn while knitting.
Made for: Me.
Size: between 36 3/4" & 40"
Needles: US size 8 (5.0 mm)
Notions: None
Dates: 10.19.11-04.28.12
Cost: $100.50 (yarn cost) + $6 (pattern cost) = $106.50, which is one expensive sweater. I don't think I will buy Shelter again, because I don't find it worth the cost, but it is lovely to work with.
Mods: Lots. Some are on my ravelry page, but many are not. I just kind of made modifications as I went, and unfortuntely, I did not take very good notes on the changes I made.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That colors looks great with your complexion. I completely agree with you about Shelter. Yes, it's nice and creates such a lofty fabric, but it's really hard to justify the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you've moved, are you going to do another video podcast to show us what you've done with all of your crafting stuff? (Not to mention all your WiPs).

    Beautiful sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on podcasting tonight! I will show the world how much of a mess the mini-craft room is. :)

      Delete