It's time for another Simplicity 2209 (PatternReview). I had made one earlier, and I made a few mods to make this one fit me better.
I'm getting so thrilled with my finishing! A serger helps tremendously, of course.
I even added this super fun pink dotted trim to the inside of the hem for myself. It goes with the seam binding of the armholes.
The Man caught me in a mid-Marilyn Monroe-attempted pose.
Then he captured the moment he told me what a failed attempt at Marilyn Monroe I was.
Mods: (These mods are mostly like the previous version of the dress)
-Shoulder and arm syce: Size 10
-body, size 14
-Waist: 5/8" larger on every side (+ 1 in. from center addition) for the bodice; For this version of 2209, I cut the size 14 skirt because I wanted less of a gather at the waist.
-Shortened 1" above waist on the bodice.
-sway back adjutment (0.5")--I probably needed to add a tiny bit more of a swayback adjustment on this one higher up on my back. Then again, maybe I'd be over fitting.
-gathered instead of pleats
-used ribbon in stash for hem
-sewed entire dart up
Since I actually sewed the whole dart up, I didn't have any unfortunate nipple incidences. Yay!
My zippers are getting better, too. :)
This dress was a super fun one to make. I loove the fabric. It's a light,light weight twill from the Lisette fabrics line. I loved using a Lisette fabric for a Lisette pattern. Gosh, I'm so darn unoriginal. Well, not too many people are making their clothes these days.
It's like my running: My 14 minute/mile pace is still running laps around those sitting on the couch. Problem is, I'm sitting on the couch right now.
Single-Fold 1/2" bias binding, bright pink $1.27
Fabric, JoAnn: Probably ~ $18
Zipper: 14" invisible, sea mist from JoAnn.com, $1.75, including shipping and tax
Pattern: Free since used before
Overhead costs: $5