Saturday, April 13, 2013

FO: Simplicity 2209, Take 2



It's time for another Simplicity 2209 (PatternReview). I had made one earlier, and I made a few mods to make this one fit me better.





I'm getting so thrilled with my finishing! A serger helps tremendously, of course.


I even added this super fun pink dotted trim to the inside of the hem for myself. It goes with the seam binding of the armholes.



The Man caught me in a mid-Marilyn Monroe-attempted pose.


Then he captured the moment he told me what a failed attempt at Marilyn Monroe I was.


Mods: (These mods are mostly like the previous version of the dress)
-Shoulder and arm syce: Size 10
-body, size 14
-Waist: 5/8" larger on every side (+ 1 in. from center addition) for the bodice; For this version of 2209, I cut the size 14 skirt because I wanted less of a gather at the waist.
-Shortened 1" above waist on the bodice.
-sway back adjutment (0.5")--I probably needed to add a tiny bit more of a swayback adjustment on this one higher up on my back. Then again, maybe I'd be over fitting.
-gathered instead of pleats
-used ribbon in stash for hem
-sewed entire dart up 


Since I actually sewed the whole dart up, I didn't have any unfortunate nipple incidences. Yay!



My zippers are getting better, too. :)



This dress was a super fun one to make. I loove the fabric. It's a light,light weight twill from the Lisette fabrics line. I loved using a Lisette fabric for a Lisette pattern. Gosh, I'm so darn unoriginal. Well, not too many people are making their clothes these days. 

It's like my running: My 14 minute/mile pace is still running laps around those sitting on the couch. Problem is, I'm sitting on the couch right now.

Costs:
Single-Fold 1/2" bias binding, bright pink $1.27
Fabric, JoAnn: Probably ~ $18
Zipper: 14" invisible, sea mist from JoAnn.com, $1.75, including shipping and tax
Pattern: Free since used before
Overhead costs: $5
Total: $26.02

4 comments:

  1. Another great job. Your zipper are great! Keep up the great work and post more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo cute! Love the Marilyn Monroe pose too! This dress is adorable on you and that zipper installation is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That's so sweet of you. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this fabric, and the dress you made of it. Also love your finishing.

    ReplyDelete